Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

I wanted to switch things up tonight. Next time I will have my best of 2008 album list. I'm still listening to some albums before I can make my list. So I took the time tonight to discuss my love for music.

This has to be one of my favorite movies of all time. I always thought I would want my memory eased to purge things out of my mind from my past. But then I would have to get rid of my whole music collection. I know there are people who scrapbook, and maybe this is the most cheesy thing I can say but buying music, talking the wrapper off the disc, and putting the cd in the player is my scrapbook.

Music is the photography to my ears. I can close my eyes and remember things. One of my favorite memories is one summer. Brandon and I just went traveling to different record stores in search of music. Well, that day he played Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" I just remember the cool summer breeze and the vocal of Jeff Tweedy sing to me, that he was trying to break my heart.

Then another memory I can look back on is when my friend Jen and I decided to go uptown whittier just to hang out. I managed to convince that she needed some Belle And Sebastian in her life. So she bought herself, "The Boy With The Arab Strap" and we listened to in her car. It was the day where I fell in love with Belle and Sebastian all over again.

Then I remember the day of my mom's wedding. I was in my best friend's car driving back home. We were singing Coconut Records' -"West Coast" at the top of our lungs.

Then there are the many heartbreaks where I cried along to The Good Life, Cursive, or Azure Ray. I wouldn't take away any of those times. I have a room full of scrapbooks. As I start a new life there will be more songs, sing-alongs, and chair dancing. (You know what I mean.)

What's plugged in the headphones? Death Cab for Cutie -"Your New Twin Sized Bed" from the album "Narrow Stairs" (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment